Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Don't jump out of the minivan...we're almost there!"

Hope floats.
Like a basket
with a baby inside
Lilypads
waving on the pond water
A canoe
with a red haired girl rehearsing poetry
A bird
quenching its thirst
They come
to the water
to be filled
refreshed
replenished
Hope is restored
When it once was floored

"What strength do I have, that I should still hope? What prospects, that I should be patient?" (Job 6:11)

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him," (Ps. 42:5)

"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD." (Ps. 31:24)

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." (Heb. 10:23)

"No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse." (Ps. 25:3)

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." (Ps. 62:5)

"I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that." (2 Cor. 11:1)

"There is still hope for Israel." (Ezra 10:2)

1 comment:

Heidi Karlsson said...

why? as for me, it's good it's very good to read.