Sunday, February 22, 2009

Today I choose...

If I were a pet, the kind of pet I would be is the kind that is locked in the basement in the dark (while the sun shines on all the others outside) with just enough water to survive. It is receiving nothing to meet its needs, and is on either the verge of death or a revolution.

Well, that's melodramatic.

I know. But it is real to me today. It's the picture of a hidden room in my heart. And I need to get out of the basement, out of the dark, find a new owner, and get some food. Or... burn that room down and let the little rodent die, bury it and move on. Because the snack I had yesterday isn't enough food to last me for today. And the sun that shone on my face yesterday, can't fulfill me for today when I`m locked in the darkness.

Now, that's realistic.

"By wisdom a house is built,
and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled
with rare and beautiful treasures."

Proverbs 24:3

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I like the idea of a revolution! Sometimes, when we get to these places, that's what we need...