Sunday, March 29, 2009

How one historic night changes everything

Jesus didn't die
just so we could be saved.

Didn't die so we could for once
be well-behaved.
Not because He caved.
Or waived.
Or was enslaved.

He came for life, not just eternal.
To change our inside, not just external.

The veil was torn, ripped right in two
And what was behind that veil came through.

No longer are we compliant, cold and separate
But the very presence of God became closely knit.

Inside, alongside, beside...Bride
Our desires now with His collide.

Concerning, yearning, our hearts burning
The tables of strength are finally turning

Surrender, we long for His glorious splendor
Yet fully in Him, our hearts we render

Perspective fleeting
Clarity daunting
I cling
I sing
Refusing the taunting
I know
I glow
His Spirit in me
To move
As He moves
I now have the key

The very presence of God that was separated from us as symbolized by the veil in the temple is no longer hidden. Therefore, what began with salvation must not end there. If Christ is in us, the Hope of Glory...then I must live to
tell the story.

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. "
(1 Cor 1:18)