Thursday, March 26, 2009

When you blow your nose...something will always come out

I usually write on Thursdays.

But what do I write about when it's Thursday and I have nothing to say?

Do I feel pressure and squeeze myself like a tube of toothpaste until the blue and red colors get all mixed together and slooshy green comes out...cuz, after all, it's still toothpaste. It will still clean my teeth when it's the stuff at the bottom of the tube, won't it?

What else do I do under pressure...

I write letters to my grandma. Her memory is failing, but she notices. She likes thank you cards for her birthday letters. And she lives two floors above my other grandma, who forgets my birthday every year, so when SHE finds out that the other one got mail...she probably wonders what she did wrong. Is remembering my birthday a precursor to sending a grandma a note? Obviously it is to me, because she hasn't heard from me in a long time. Then again, somehow we are attached through her prayers and tears...and her remembering my birthday has been exchanged with glorious things I will know nothing of until I reach heaven.

Speaking of prayer, sometimes pressure is the only thing that gets these things accompished with any form of intensity. I read my Bible and pray more when I'm about to lead worship. Or maybe the prayers just become more desperate at that time and thus seem to qualify more as real prayers.

What does it mean to qualify anyway? What qualifies as something in my mind is nothing to the Lord. And what qualifies as nothing to me is the very miracle of God when He takes that nothingness and creates life.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." (Ps. 19:14)

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

appreciating you, Misty-mae

essie said...

love you, m.
i'm always inspired by your gift of creative communication.
thanks for this sneak peek into your thursday thoughts!